Maryland Wills & Powers of Attorney

What kind of estate planning documents do I need?

Wills * Powers of Attorney * Living Wills * Trusts

There are 3 basic planning documents necessary for most Maryland residents:  

  • Last Will & Testament to dispose of your property after you die, name someone to manage your estate and, if applicable, to designate guardians (with or without testamentary trust language); 
  • Power of Attorney to handle finances during your lifetime; and 
  • Advance Directive / Living Will (also called a Health Care Power of Attorney) to deal with medical decisions.

 Arden Law offers these 3 basic planning documents in a single package for a FLAT FEE, with or without Testimentary or other Trusts.  Or for clients that already have one or more of these planning documents, ala carte services are available.   Most of the time the law firm can meet within a week to start the planning process, or if you prefer, email a questionnaire to get started. 

Depending on the circumstances, the following may also be advisible:

  • Trust (such as an inter-vivos, marital or "Living" Revocable Trust) A trust can hold property with the ability to incorporate very detailed requirements on how trust assets can be used.  Trusts make most sense where there is some issue requiring more control than simply giving property away outright.
  • Deed (to transfer real property either into a Trust or to set up Remaindermen who will eventually get the property by title. 

Contact 410-216-700 for a no-cost initial phone call of up to 10 minutes or to request the firm's current flat fee schedule.  

© ArdenLawFirm 2014-2018  Managing Attorney Cedulie Laumann, Esq.